Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

The British Tag

                                    

This has been floating around the bloggersphere for a while now, and since I'm British I thought, by Jove why not! Sooo here I am answering some questions about being british.

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars?
I hold my hands up. I am a complete tea addict. I have probably about 2-3 everyday without fail. Number one when I first get up.. Best cup of the day! Number 2 maybe at lunchtime. And by maybe I mean definitely. And number 3 in the evening after dinner time, most likely with some biccies! 

2. Favourite part of your roast?
Easy peasy. Roast potatoes. Oh, actually.. Yorkshire puddings. But I like parsnips too. And gravy. Why must you make us choose between so many tasty things! 

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
Again, why must we choose?! Bourbons are always a good choice, as are custard creams. However I feel the all time best biscuit for dunking has to be the chocolate digestive. Just can't beat 'em!

4. Favourite quintessentially British pass time?
Cream teas the summer. Surprise surprise. Lovely cuppa and scones with clotted cream and jam in the sunshine. Perrrrrrfect!

5. Favourite word?
Toodle-pip is a great one. Although technically two words. 

6. Cockney rhyming slang?
I'm about as far away from being cockney as you can get but I do know a few.
Dog and bone; phone. Apples and pears; stairs. Ruby Murray; curry. Adam and Eve it; believe it. 

7. Favourite sweet?
It always has and always will be sherbet lemons. 

8. What would your pub be called?
I love pubs with hilariously long names. Especially when animals are included. So mine would be like the white horse brown bunny red squirrel frogs legs and hound. Haha. Oh dear. 

9. Number 1 British person?
I love Jonathon Ross I think he's hilarious. But I've also got to include the great Mary Berry who we can thank for the best TV show ever; The Great British Bake Off. 

10. Favourite shop?
Hmm not technically just in Britain now but topshop. And Cath Kidston.

11. Which British song pops into your head?
Anything by The Beatles, Oasis or Pink Floyd. But also songs like Parklife by Blur, Common People by Pulp and Going Underground by The Jam. 

12. Marmite?
I love marmite, especially on a bit of buttery toast or a crumpet. Yummy! 

I hope you liked that, and if any of you know of a Tea-aholics Annonymous group please do let me know.

Amy x






        

No comments:

Post a Comment